LiveCode 4.5 License model

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Tue Sep 21 15:01:47 EDT 2010

on Tue Sep 21 12:11:10 CDT 2010, Neal Campbell wrote:

>>Just for comparison, my annual SA price for RADStudio from Embarcadero
is
$1320.
<<

Yes, but look at the tool you are getting from Embarcadero. A complete
suite of tools to build an Enterprise level application.
With that, I don't think LiveCode 4.5 even comes close to its tool set.

I use VB6 from time to time, and again LiveCode 4.5 doesn't even comes
close to it, and the product was stopped several years ago.

I guess I get frustrated/annoyed if I were to build the same application
in revStudio and also in VB6, the latter is so much easier to build a
richer desktop application. I've tried to build the same
objects/components in revStudio as are already in VB6. I've spent hours
trying to do this, and in the end give up, because the objects in
revStudio are not complete. Especially trying different property
settings, they come up short. They don't work/set properly. Yes, I've
tried all sorts of renditions of the settings.

I will be revisiting my license with LiveCode.

Regards,
Mark Stuart