Still: Where do I put libUUID.rev and qrtReportsLIb.rev in LiveCode?

Alex Adams alex at a2technology.com
Mon Sep 20 15:22:57 CDT 2010


I have now tried some more things.  None work.

I tried creating a folder at the root level of the startup drive and
declaring it in the preferences for the User Extensions path.

My thought was that the My LiveCode folder was not created during
installation maybe because I designated that all users on the machine would
have access to LiveCode, so it would not have put the folder in my user
documents folder.  Good thought, but it didn't work.  I can't find anything
in the preferences to change the installation to consider me the only user.

I tried putting the .rev files in various places in the internal directory
along with the stacks that shipped with the app.  Still no joy.

Any ideas?  I'm dead in the water until this is resolved.

Thanks in advance,
-- 
Alex Adams

hawkVision — yourVision of all the info in yourWorld
A2 Technology Partners, Inc.
831-724-1397
alex at a2technology.com
www.a2technology.com


> From: Alex Adams <alex at a2technology.com>
> Reply-To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:29:44 -0700
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Where do I put libUUID.rev and qrtReportsLIb.rev in LiveCode?
> 
> Thanks, but that did not work.  There was no My LiveCode folder in my
> documents folder.  I created one and gave everyone permission to read/write.
> I put libUUID.rev and qtrReportsLib.rev in there, but I get the same error
> when a start using command is given.
> 
> That is the folder designated in preferences.
> 
> These do not cause the error and load properly:
> start using stack "revDataGridLibrary"
> start using stack "Data Grid Templates 1247708866452"
> 
> Any other ideas?
> -- 
> Alex Adams
> 
> hawkVision — yourVision of all the info in yourWorld
> A2 Technology Partners, Inc.
> 831-724-1397
> alex at a2technology.com
> www.a2technology.com
> hawkVisionInfo.wordpress.com
> 
> 
>> From: Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com>
>> Reply-To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:01:39 -0300
>> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>> Subject: Re: Where do I put libUUID.rev and qrtReportsLIb.rev in LiveCode?
>> 
>> Alex,
>> 
>> You can go to Preferences -> Files and set your extensions folder there.
>> 
>> Or you can use the default one which is "My LiveCode" inside the documents
>> folder.
>> 
>> 
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Alex Adams <alex at a2technology.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Just downloaded the shiny new LiveCode onto my Mac Snow Leopard machine.
>>>  My
>>> apps use libUUID.rev and qtrReportsLib.rev.
>>> 
>>> In runRev 4.5 I keep them at the same level as the Revolution app and the
>>> Externals and Resources folders.  I have tried placing them at the same
>>> level of these folders inside LiveCode.app, but no joy.
>>> 
>>> What should I do?
>>> --
>>> Alex Adams
>>> 
>>> hawkVision ‹ yourVision of all the info in yourWorld
>>> A2 Technology Partners, Inc.
>>> 831-724-1397
>>> alex at a2technology.com
>>> www.a2technology.com
>>> hawkVisionInfo.wordpress.com
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-revolution mailing list
>>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>>> subscription preferences:
>>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list
>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
>> preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
> preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution




More information about the use-livecode mailing list