Slow launch times on Windows 7

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Sep 17 17:50:33 EDT 2010

Here are a couple things you could try.

1. You can try creating an ultra simple "Hello World" standalone and
see if the problem still exists. If it does then my guess is there is
some sort of reference to the default folder or other system global
which references a detached network drive which is in the standalone
code and not in the IDE environment. I've seen this happen before
where a detached network volume is being looked for and just times
out.

2. If not, then look throughout your code for something like:

If the environment is "development"

statement. If one exists, copy it out and see if it has the same
proble. You can also download other peoples trial rev exe's and see if
they run. Finally, are you running on Parallels or other VM on a Mac?
If so, there may be "extenuating" circumstances.