DataGrid Optimization question

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Fri Sep 17 15:31:15 EDT 2010

Hey revsters,

I use datagrids on a hidden card to hold different sets of data that get
processed combined  into another datagrid for display to the user.

I am trying to optimize my script and before fetching the data from the
hidden datagrids.

Before I fetch the data from the grid I send this to the grid in order to
refresh it and make sure it has the latest data.

send "RefreshList" to group "EditTickets" of card "LocalData"

I noticed from the API Docs for the datagrid that:

RefreshList
- Redraws the data displayed in the data grid.

Does this simply redraw the data and not at all affect the data that I am
fetching from the grid with the dgData property? Am I adding overhead to
redraw a grid that no one sees?