Slow launch times on Windows 7

tekne tekne at gruppoparentesi.it
Thu Sep 16 13:56:07 EDT 2010

Hi Malte, I follow this list and the improve-revolution list from many years
and I am an happy user of your chartsEngine.
Hi Jeff and everybody who posted too.

I think that Jeff is right!
But for me the problem is related to the rev engine and I have no tool to
solve it.
I removed every script from the startup process of the app and I see always
the splash screen after 60 seconds and more.
The connection to the DB was in the openstack (so after the stack is
showed), but now it's removed for testing purpose.

In my app I have about 130 substacks with an image substack and a lot of
stack using datagrid. (rev file is about 45 MB)
NO problem in the IDE and with the standalone in Mac, Linux and in WIN pre 7
version (also with Vista)

Only if I try to remove substack the launch time decreases and when I have
'only' 20-25 substacks is almost normal.
But this is not a solution.
I don't know if I have to use the QCC to submit a bug. But if it is a bug,
it is a serious bug that restrict the use of rev.

Thanks for your suggestion in advance
Riccardo