systemVersion, RunRev with WINE, burblings.

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Sep 15 15:36:06 EDT 2010

Hi Richmond,

I think we already know that Rev doesn't work well with WINE. This isn't surprising, because WINE doesn't include the libraries that RunRev needs to render PNG's. Probably, you should report it to the WINE developers or start a discussion on the WINE newsgroup.

WINE doesn't imitate or emulate Windows. WINE allows a number of programmes to run without Windows and unfortunately RunRev isn't one of them.

If you can afford buying an official copy of Windows 7, then you might use VirtualBox to emulate a PC. Win 7 really runs perfectly on VirtualBox.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com