how to identify a 64 bit computer?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 14:29:38 EDT 2010

  After the thread about 64-bit machines running Windows I started wondering
about 64-bits machines in general, or, as the much over-used-and-abused
phrase
goes "cross-platform".

In the light of answers to the earlier thread I take it RunRev has no
internal way
of detecting whether a processor is 32 or 64 bit rather in the way

systemVersion

returns details about the OS.

HOWEVER . . . I wonder about something like this:

put the processor

surely that should tell one enough to work out if it is a 32 or 64 bit

HOWEVER . . . when I do this on my HP Pentium 4 running Ubuntu 10.10 Beta
all I get is

unknown

about as useful as a poke in the face with a sharp stick . . .  :(

BUT . . . that is (take note RunRev folks)  PROCESSOR is NOT supported
in the
Linux version of RunRev . . . 4.5 . . . cough, cough, cough . . . please?

sincerely, Richmond.