how to identify a 64-bit Windows machine in Rev

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Sep 15 13:38:33 EDT 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 12:16 AM, Phil Davis wrote:

>  You give the most complete answers!

Thanks!

But, you'll notice that the hardware detection part is weak.  Besides
ProcessorNameString in the registry, you might look at Identifier or
"Platform ID".  You might try testing for a bunch of CPU names.  I
don't know of a definitive way.  You might also try the environment
variable PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER.

I only recently discovered the environment variable
PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432, which is great for discovering the OS bit width.

Dar