Real Basic Web edition - No Plugin Required!

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:49:18 EDT 2010

I think I should add that I have deployed a plugin based utility for in-house
production tracking and the experience was great. Job status is accessed via
the exe version at work stations and the web based plugin version out of
office...One code write, two usable platforms....Fantastic!

However.. my main role (in my paid job) is that of a web developer and the
general feedback from clients (we have a couple of hundred) is that they
would not be happy to augment the systems on their sites via the use of a
plugin. They want their clients to not notice the move from static site
pages to more data driven or dynamic areas.

So a solution that can be deployed an a standard server setup without having
to install extra and costly server addons from my point of view would be a
great step forward and would allo me to use my favorite dev tool Runrev much
more rather than PHP/MySql/Javascript which are my primary web dev tools.

-----
Andy Piddock