ANN: PowerDebug (was Re: Question about the debugger in Rev 4.0)

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Sep 9 23:34:11 EDT 2010

> Yeah, I know.
> Bringing it up from the plugins menu attempts to start the debugger
> with no debug context, which just confuses everyone. You *can* bring
> up the main page from the Application Browser and then click the help
> icon from there, but that's kind of an ugly way to go about it as
> well.

Did you know revTools comes back toplevel after it's hidden? I'm sure it's fixed in the newer version

Take a look at the way revObjective is separated into two plugins now. An invisible one not shown on the menu and a modeless one that is on the menu. Although your plugin is clearly much more complex maybe that's a good option for you? The visible one could be the help/prefs stack. We need heaps more plugin hooks.

One other thing is if the debug console is open and you try and quit rev then rev hangs.

Overall it looks like a great new addition to Rev.

--
Monte Goulding
M E R Goulding Software Development

InstallGadget - How to create an installer in 10 seconds
revObjective  - Making behavior scripts behave