Question about the debugger in Rev 4.0 - solved

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 18:00:12 EDT 2010

On Sep 8, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Bob, Jim, et al-
>
> Breakpoints are stored by the engine as a line number offset into a
> script. If you edit the script after setting a breakpoint, it's up to
> the script editor to adjust the breakpoints to accomodate the lines
> added or deleted. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. GLX2 has
> two types of breakpoints, hard and soft. The soft breakpoints are
> always adjusted correctly because they're under our control. The hard
> breakpoints are under the control of the IDE. Using the IDE's script
> editor you only get the hard breakpoints, and it's up to the script
> editor to adjust them accordingly. Sometimes you'll find that
> breakpoints are no longer where you think they should be.
>
> -Mark Wieder

Understood.
-1-   If I hit the breakpoint, stop the script, and only add a comment
to an existing line
   (eg     put "money" into pocket  --idea for future
then compile, none of the breakpoints in the script container work.

SOLUTION
-2-  After reading your post, I did a little more detective work

-a-> New Stack, works as expected

-b->    A stack that I began building and using 6 years ago with
version 2.7.2
About 1000 lines of code, but very simple interface {one card, very
little data in 16 fields, only 6 buttons}

-c->  copying in the stack script to a new stack works as normal.
Looks like a corrupted stack.
I have been working with the same stack on different servers, so all
versions are derived from the same parent.

At least I now have a path to refurbishing old stacks to get back code
editing ease, if they need it.
This is a task for this very evening.

This is good... another bit of knowledge about complex projects, and
it has a good answer!

Jim Ault
Las Vegas