Death of Versiontracker

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Sep 8 11:02:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

This is no news. The process started 2 years ago and has now been completed. The only goal of the merge was to take out a competitor. It is sad indeed, because I was a happy user of VersionTracker. VT helped me to publish software and generate money. C|Net makes this impossible, unless I am willing to pay for their services, which I am not. From experience, I must say that C|Net's services are of very low quality, the support department is largely disfunctional, the developer portal is broken in many places (I'm unable to update my old products at the moment), and your new software is listed after a very long delay, when you're about to release yet another version already. If you don't pay, your software will never appear on the front page. All this is very different from what VT once was.

Because I saw this coming, I made a start with my own software publishing site. I would like to encourage you all to enter your software at http://www.quickestpublisher.com . I promise: the more software titles are entered, the better I will make the website. Of course, RunRev developers will enjoy special benefits (possibilities I'm considereing are: special offers, RunRev-compatible API, plug-ins, etc).

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com