[feature] did you guys knew that "?" is a valid character for function/command name?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 12:56:43 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Not quite. We specify pass-by-ref by using '@' in the handler
> specification; you can't use it in the calling script as Ben did in his
> example in the email. Ben wants to be able to use the '@'
> (presumably as an option, with no actual effect) in the calling script,
> to help remind him that the variable will/may be changed within the
> handler.
> -- Alex.

I have never used this method of "passing-by-reference"
i any of my stack, so actually i dont know how
useful it really is.

Did you read this message of Wilhelm Sanke about
image processing?

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2010-March/136246.html

http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Language-comparisons-Lua-simpler-and-faster-than-RevTalk-td1586669.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/use-revolution@lists.runrev.com/msg131812.html

Could be possible to speed up Wilhelm's handlers that process binary
image data using this method of "passing-by-reference"?

Thanks in advance!

Al