[OT] router + manual DHCP setting

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 6 22:06:55 EDT 2010

On 9/6/10 8:45 PM, Jim Ault wrote:
> Definitely not a Rev question, but there are some of my Rev apps working
> on this computer.
>
> I have a remote Mac mini running OSX Leopard behind a Belkin router and
> would like to change from DHCP to DHCP using manual address.
>
> The procedure i used was to go System Preferences:Network:Ethernet...

Do you mean you want the Mac to have a static IP? All my machines have
static addresses on my LAN. I never changed any of the computer settings
at all, instead I changed the router. Routers allow you to link a MAC
address with a static IP, and after that the router will reserve that IP
and assign it only to that machine.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com