Explanation of Error code

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Sep 6 18:36:10 EDT 2010

Jacque-

> In the dictionary, look up "errorDialog" where there is a good
> explanation of what the numbers mean and how to use them. Briefly, the

Unfortunately the information in the docs about the errorDialog
message are a form of wishful thinking. That is, most of the
information is true most of the time, some of it may have been true in
times past but is not longer, and some of it may just be the way Scott
Raney wanted things to be. For instance, it is emphatically not true
that "the errorDialog message is only sent while Script Debug mode is
turned off."

There are also other error messages such as compile-time errors that
are not in the cErrorsList of card 1, but rather in the cScriptErrors
of said card; and "warnings", although I've never come across one of
those: I assume the compiler could possibly generate those if a
compile switch were enabled, but that's just guesswork on my part.

It's also unfortunately the case that the engine will sometimes
generate errorDialog messages with an empty executionError parameter
(BZ# 7741), and the only thing to do in that case is just pretend it
didn't happen.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net