Menu Accelerators - help!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 5 22:48:48 EDT 2010

On 9/5/10 9:29 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> A very common requirement is Find and Find Again. This looks correct to me:
>
> Find/^ F
> Find Again/^G
>
> The menu shows the cmd symbol (os x) and the letter, but cmd-f does
> nothing but invoke the IDE's find dialog; if I turn of development
> tools, it still does not work. I tried these, since the IDE does not use
> them... as a test...

All you should need is the slash and letter, like this:

Find/F
Find Again/G

These should work whenever your stack menu is the system menu, (i.e.,
you stack menu has focus, it's in a standalone, or you suspend
development tools.) The IDE catches the keystrokes if it has the focus.

I think you only need to use the control character ("^") if it is to be
coupled with another one, like Cmd-Opt for example. But you're right we
could use some examples in the docs. The release notes had a few.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com