Arrow keys . . ,

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 12:15:00 EDT 2010

So here I am with an obscenely complicated and long-winded card script with
"undreds" and "undreds" of case statements inside a switch statement inside
a rawKeyDown statement at the end of which I have:
       default
          pass rawKeyDown
     end switch

end rawKeyDown
so I can use my left and right arrow keys to wander around inside my
target textField

so I can pop unicodeText into a unicodeString in a textField thus:

set the unicodeText of the selectedText to numToChar(XXXXXX)

where 'XXXXXX' is a decimalised Unicode address.

BUT, there is a PROBLEM:

I don't want my end-user selecting chunks of text (they can just use the
DELETE key) as this
will play "Merry Hell" with the thing.

Does anybody have any idea how to block end-users from selecting
textChunks while stiil being
able to set the insertion point both with the arrow keys and the pointer
/ mouse?