Bad grammar

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 05:03:06 EDT 2010

On 09/04/2010 11:49 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
> This is the same as:
>
> if fld "fXXX" is true and fld "fZZZ" is empty...
>
> Your syntax is valid.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

I know my syntax is valid; the script that that is embedded in (runs to
about 2080 lines - a real 'horror') works

[ something that never ceases to surprise me ]

However, it is BAD English.

what I wanted to 'say' by

if fld "fXXX" and fld "fZZZ" is empty

was

if fld "fXXX" is empty and fld "fZZZ" is empty

and, indeed that is what I intended to type at 2 am last night, but
Morpheus was hard
at work wrapping me in his coils, so it came out the way it did;

notwithstanding Morpheus, obviously the Lar of RunRev saved me . . . :)