[OT] VirtualAssistant

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:50:57 EDT 2010

On 09/03/2010 11:54 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> When he asked her, "Show me Uranus", it dawned on me she might misunderstand, and then refuse to respond to him for a while. ;-)
>
> Bob

To be fair to Andrew Kluthe, who wrote

"I wonder if it will possible to integrate her somehow into rev? Oh the
possibilities."

We should take into account that English is not his native language, and
quite possibly
in his language an SDK takes the feminine gender.

The joke about Herschel's planet is, also, beyond most people for whom
English is not
a native language owing to 2 reasons:

1. The Uranus pun.

2. Most non-English speakers find the English-speaking world's obsession
with "Botty humour"
     both hard to understand and distinctly unfunny.

As I am in a relationship with RunRev 4.0 right now I find myself often
referring
to 'it' as 'she' . . .  :)  And, quite frankly, although RunRev does
have the odd 'moist corner',
I would find it hard to find the part you refer to.

"toujours gai", Richmond.