Revolution Search Engine

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:21:31 EDT 2010

On 09/01/2010 11:11 PM, zryip theSlug wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Richmond<richmondmathewson at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Under the HELP menu.
>>
>> Probably the second time in about 9 years I have ever tried to use this:
>>
>> it gave what can only be described as "a little fart" on my MacMini, and
>> that my dears was all.
>>
>> if it is nothing but flatulence, why is it still there?
>>
> Probably because it works pretty well for others.
>

> Regards,

Interesting:

Let's try it again on Mac OS 10.4.11 and Ubuntu 10.04:

Funny . . . now it gave a 'fart' when I opened it the first time on my
MacMini.

Now I typed 'search' into the 'search box and it gave me a reference to
a website
on Geocities that does not exist anymore . . . cool or what?

Typed 'Unicode': nix.

Typed 'button': nix.

OK, on the Google "tab" it gives me a simple Google search - but, hey, I
have a couple
of web-browsers installed on each of my systems.

Possibly naive (wouldn't be the first time), I imagined it would come up
with RunRev relevant
information.

The 'Dictionary Quick Search' is significantly slower than the inbuilt
Documentation . . . err . . .
waiting . . . wow:

"Could not find "button" as a string in the dictionary"