Collecting Web Form Information Using a Loop

Michael Kann mikekann at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 12:39:48 EDT 2010

Gregory,

Does the non-loop script work?

-- referring to this part:

    put $_POST["Q1"] into q1
    put $_POST["Q2"] into q2

Mike

--- On Wed, 9/1/10, Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
Subject: Collecting Web Form Information Using a Loop
To: "Revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 11:34 AM

Hello everyone,

On-rev question about collecting web form information.  Suppose I have a questionnaire that uses 40 sequentially named menus for the answer choices.  I could collect them individually like this.

    put $_POST["Q1"] into q1
    put $_POST["Q2"] into q2
    put $_POST["Q3"] into q3
    put $_POST["Q4"] into q4
    put $_POST["Q5"] into q5
    put $_POST["Q40"] into q40

But of course my first inclination is to avoid 40 lines and use a loop.  So I tried

    repeat with i=1 to 40
    put $_POST[(quote & Q & i & quote)] & comma after theSubmission
    end repeat

and a number of variations, such as,

    (quote & Q & the value of i & quote)

but all I ever get returned is an empty list, i.e., {,,,,,,,,,,,,}.  Any suggestions?

Regards,

Gregory