Which messages are sent to a datagrid on opencard?

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:43:17 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:

Malte,

> the dgs have no persistent data. they are populated at a later point.

Ok, the "persistent data" of your datagrids should be set to false.

> Neither cached controls
> Some of them have custom sorting however, that should only happen after the data has been populated
> Data is a handful of hundret lines at max. Most of them are in the <100 lines range.

Because the dgs are empty when you first open the card, we can assume
that the "lag" is not due to the amount of rows.

> I tried locking mesages now, before entering the card and that appears to save me 2 seconds of waiting, without breaking anything. I just wonder if I can really risk it :)

Assuming that your dgs are filled after you unlock the messages, you
have no risk. Because the first time you open the card by blocking the
messages, the dgs are not initialized, but as soon as you fill the
data in the dgs, the initialization stuff is executed (this stuff is
executed by setting the dgData prop of dgs which have not been
initialized previously)

Anyway, you should not have this kind of "lag" with initialization of
empty dgs (more than 2 seconds??).
Assuming the dgs are empty, that is not something located in the row
behavior (the dgs are empty so they not require to use the layout or
fillindata messages) or with the number of controls in a template:
nothing is drawn.
Maybe something in the code of a dg group or assuming you have custom
sorting, in a header behavior.

If you want, I could have a look to your dgs.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc