[OT] Browsing the internet... It is safer from Linux?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Oct 30 17:50:54 EDT 2010

Alejandro , When did you last hear about a Mac virus?

I don't like to boast, but..

I practice safe computing and a good router and don't use any anti-virus
software at all on any of my 4 macs. Haven't had a virus problem since 2002.
All running Leopard. Am I being foolish?

I find the need for the annoying McCaffe software when I've used XP quite
disgusting. If the OS is so bad you have to use a third party app to
'protect' yourself....

The symbiotic relationship between McCaffee and Microsoft is kinda creepy.
There's even a button I did not install that goes to their website imbedded
in IE 6.

Downloads are almost always easy fast and safe on macs....