Stress-testing SQLite

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Oct 29 21:25:12 EDT 2010

  On 10/29/10 3:10 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> It'll vary, and in my own tests that seems to be the only bottleneck
> with SQLit; queries that return little data are ultra speedy, but once
> we get into large amounts of return data I see the hit.

Just a reminder, which you probably don't need at all, but I had this
same experience with PostGreSQL recently, but probably for different
reasons:

but FWIW...

I was using and old example SQL stack... small data returns were fast,
but a lot of data (select * from table whatever.. i.e. "everything")
from a PostGreSQL database....  adding it to a display field. It took
forever...

Then I remembered "Dont' Do That!"

When I got all the data in a variable and just posted to the field once,
it was "like 20 times faster."

skts