Auto-updating apps, and splash screens.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Oct 29 05:59:09 EDT 2010

  On 29/10/2010 05:40, stephen barncard wrote:
> Search for "Magic Carpet" at Chipp's site.

I tried Magic Carpet when it was first announced, and it was a good
backup/archive/version-control system, but I don't remember anything
about auto-update, and there's nothing about auto-update in the web
pages about Magic Carpet.

On 29/10/2010 05:10, Jim Sims wrote:
> Alex - search the List archives for Chipp's updater, he has a few posts that outline what seems
> to be a good system and gives some excellent advice.
I did (eventually) find that advice. It's well hidden because some other
emails in the archive refer to it, but have the wrong link. It should be
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-August/021626.html

and you're right, lots of good advice, looks like a good system, etc.  I
was just hoping for some working example to start from.

Richard Gaskin has most of this in the auto-download used in RevNet, so
I may try taking that and expanding it into auto-updater.    Sounds like
a project for a quiet evening ....

Thanks
-- Alex.