the siglum key ???

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 16:20:04 EDT 2010

*slaps forehead*  I need to learn to read.

However, have you done something as simple as

on rawKeyDown theKey
put theKey
end rawKeyDown

to see what code is actually being sent?

If you aren't going for a specific key other than the one in the upper left
of the keyboard, and keyboards differ, I've no clue how one would go about
determining the keycode for that key position other than maybe asking the
user to push it once during setup to capture the code.