VideoGrabber: dropping last second of sound

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Oct 25 08:33:25 EDT 2010

Thanks Stephen.

Your suggestion is indeed what we expect we'll have to implement - but before
I report this in RQCC, and before I roll out that fix, I'd be interested to
know if anyone else has encountered this.

Your response suggests that there is a known issue with the VG not flushing
the audio buffer on close, is that correct?  Is there an RQCC number for this?
  (I've looked through without spotting anything, but I might have missed it.)
  If this is known, is there lore about the factors - why it's intermittent?
You mentioned on close, is that on revStopRecordingVideo, or on
revCloseVideoGrabber - if I could stop the recording on time, but let the VG
keep rolling longer, that would provide a neater solution.

TIA,

Ben