VideoGrabber: dropping last second of sound

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Oct 25 08:27:58 EDT 2010

On 22/10/2010 18:53, Colin Holgate wrote:
> I have no idea what VideoGrabber is, but the symptoms suggest that some frames were skipped, and yet the stored frames were kept at a regular frame rate. Would be interesting to video grab a running clock. Then you could test my theory.

VideoGrabber is an external on Mac and Windows for er... grabbing video and
audio.  See Video category on Dictionary.

I don't think frames were skipped, the sync is reasonable, it's just that the
sound runs out before the video does.

We did a lot of tests with a running clock before we started - but it had a
very quiet tick and we weren't paying attention!   More to the point, this is
very intermittent - we've seen a handful out of about 2,000 clips.  Mind you,
we haven't necessary reviewed every clip to the end.

Ben