Getting Email

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Sun Oct 24 09:49:18 EDT 2010

On 10/24/2010 8:46 AM, Ray Horsley wrote:
> Alex,
>
> Thanks for these suggestions.  Please let me know if you ever write
> something a little beefier; i.e. something which could read attachments and
> work with SMTP.

I'm pretty sure Sarah has one that uses SMTP too.

What makes reading attachments so hard?  Aren't they separated by an ID
number and you're told what the type of the attachment is and possibly
the length?  It seems like LiveCode's text search routines would make it
pretty easy to "delimit" the various attachments from each other.  The
"hard" part would be deciding what to do with them once you had them.

len morgan