[OT] Mac App Store

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Oct 21 13:51:15 EDT 2010

On Oct 21, 2010, at 7:36 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Ambrosia Software president Andrew Welch voiced similar concerns.
>
>   "Ambrosia is certainly interested in the idea of a centralized
>   Mac application store,"

With VersionTracker gone, folded into download.com, download.com is abysmal as far as I am concerned, there isn't much left.

Apple is stepping in at the right time - for them.

What concerns me most (in addition to not getting customer information!), is the consumer of apps/software will probably be expecting iPhone/iPad prices.

When I read a comment that "$1.99 is way too much" for something some guy worked really hard at, I shake my head.

This sort of expectation might be carried over - after all, to the consumer it's just like the iTunes store - to the "App Store".  You have to sell an awful lot of $1.99 apps to make rent money every month.

sims