revServer installation issues

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:49:36 EDT 2010

>From your description, it sounds like the new directives aren't getting
loaded at all.

If you run:

/usr/sbin/httpd -V |grep -i server_config_file

does it show the correct config file is at -D
SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/private/etc/apache2/httpd.conf"?

And you're using the server document root not your Sites directory.

Oh, and have you checked to make sure revserver is executable? This should
NOT be the problem, if it were your browser should get an internal server
error response, but doesn't hurt to confirm.

Also noticed you added the line:
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/revserver
/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/revserver  ##  PD 20101020 added
I don't believe this is required as long as revserver is at the toplevel
inside the CGI-Executables folder.
The existing:
ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/((?!(?i:webobjects)).*$)
"/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/$1"
should handle it.

I chose to put the data, extensions, and handlers folders in /opt/revserver
as per one of the options in the readme.txt but i'm sure the other 2 methods
would work just fine.