Sending mouseup to checkboxes on different card

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Oct 20 13:00:23 EDT 2010

On 20.10.10 at 09:47 -0700 charles61 apparently wrote:
>Robert,
>
>I understand your previous e-mail about using custom handlers.  I
>have never used this concept before. But I am not following you when
>you sent the following:
>
>f one uses full reference in the called script (that is script in
>btn b of cd y refers to itself as btn b of cd y) then going to that
>card before running that script is not needed.
>
>While the script that Klaus posted works, I still want to fully
>understand your comments above. Could you elaborate further?
>
>Charles Szasz
>cszasz at mac.com

For example, a btn on cd 1 does

   send dostuff to btn 3 of cd 2

handler dostuff in btn 3 on cd 2 has

   show fld 1

This will fail unless you are on this card (using go in btn on cd 1
as Klaus suggested). However,

   show fld 1 of cd 2

will work with the send without having to go. This will work just
fine if executed by clicking btn 3 on cd 2, if its mouseUp is

mouseUp
   dostuff
end mouseUp

Having "of cd 2" in the object reference is what I meant by full
reference. Of course, normally, one would use names of objects.

Robert