Franklin Audio Intro Pricing Ends Soon; New Testable Too!

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Oct 18 04:17:05 EDT 2010

On 18/10/2010 08:54, Lynn Fredricks wrote:
> Franklin Audio is based on OpenAL as Ruslan said. Its primary purpose is to
> provide multi-channel, spacial playback without requiring QuickTime. Looping
> is possible using the API - you can loop each discreet sound being played
> back. My understanding it that it works with .wav files. There are C++
> extensions that add other capabilities and format support.

Is it available for Linux?  I did a project deployed on about 75 custom-made
solid-state computers, and the only reason we had to use Windows (which added
about $120 to the price for each unit) was the poor support for sound playback
under Linux.  So in that case a library that allowed us to use Linux would
have had a signficant value...

Ben