Franklin Audio Intro Pricing Ends Soon; New Testable Too!

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Oct 18 03:54:51 EDT 2010

> 1) what kind of sounds can we play? formats?
> 2) what kind of sounds can we record?
> 3) are there any basic edit and mix function? (sound level,
> cut, append, soft merge..)
> 4) multi channel : possible to loop a basic sound and add
> some more on events on top?
>
> I tried last version and got same irregular error at start up
> of combined sounds.. and then ok.
> And found no information of any sort.. !

Franklin Audio is based on OpenAL as Ruslan said. Its primary purpose is to
provide multi-channel, spacial playback without requiring QuickTime. Looping
is possible using the API - you can loop each discreet sound being played
back. My understanding it that it works with .wav files. There are C++
extensions that add other capabilities and format support.

If enough people license Franklin Audio and there are requests for new
features, we will look at adding them.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President