dragData["files"] question

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Sun Oct 17 14:34:25 EDT 2010

Hi Klaus,

Duh! Getting tired, or old, or both!

But even correcting the read-only as you point out, setting the
dragData["files"] fails to update the array.

Will continue to ponder, but it appears not to be settable.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

Klaus wrote:
Hi Hugh,

> Is it my syntax, or is it simply not possible to modify the
> dragData["files"] during a file drag operation?
>
> If I drag a .png file and a .rev file, I would expect the .rev filepath to
> have been removed, but it isn't...
>
> on dragEnter
>  put the dragData["files"] into tFilePaths
>  set the itemDel to "."
>  repeat for each line L in tFilePaths
>    if (last item of L is NOT among the items of "GIF.JPG.JPEG.PNG")
>    then delete line lineOffset(CR&L&CR,CR&tFilePaths&CR) of tFilePaths
>  end repeat
>  set the dragData["files"] to tFilePaths
>  put the dragData["files"] --> Value does not get updated!
> end dragEnter
>
> So what am I missing?

repeat for each is read only, but you try to change tFilePaths on the fly
:-)

Do this:

on dragEnter
 put the dragData["files"] into tFilePaths
 set the itemDel to "."
 repeat for each line L in tFilePaths
   if (last item of L is among the items of "GIF.JPG.JPEG.PNG") then
    put l & CR after tFilePaths2
  end if
 end repeat
 delete char  -1 of tFilePaths2
 set the dragData["files"] to tFilePaths2
 put the dragData["files"] --> Value does not get updated!
end dragEnter

> Hugh Senior
> FLCo

Best