[OT] First Mobile App Released

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Oct 16 20:04:33 EDT 2010

Recently, Colin Holgate wrote:

> I did a hard restart of my iPad, and then I didn't have to select the black
> triangles on the last level, and also I got through to the rotating menu
> screen ok.

Q) Did you initially play the app all the way though without exiting?  What
you've run into is GameSalad's joy-inducing memory leaks.  I actually pulled
stuff out of the app to deal with this as best I could, and it still happens
in some cases (most notably playing through the entire game non-stop).
There's just no way to get around it, other than to dumb down or replace the
entire level, and still without any guarantee that it would work.  Guess how
enthusiastic I was about doing that after working on it for over a half a
year...

Your devotion is appreciated.  :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi