[UPDATE] The little RPN Calculator now is more HP like

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Oct 15 15:40:02 EDT 2010

Bob.

I think it all stems from the fact that operators (like "plus") take two
operands. Therefore if you evaluate an expression efficiently, using PEMDOS
and a little analysis, you are never in a position where four pieces

of data have to be remembered. So you are always working with an
intermediate result and a maximum of two operands that are in need of being, er,
operated on. When the operator actually does that thing, the expression fragment
you are working on collapses, slightly, and makes room for the next stage.
Three registers, one for the intermediate, and two for the operands.

I think.

Craig