determining if user has shell access

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Oct 14 22:15:31 EDT 2010

On Oct 14, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> I'm trying to avoid trial and error testing with the client of client.

I understand.

Perhaps your customer can ask the "client of the client" for the
details of the lockdown so the technical team (you) can replicate it
and test against that.  Your client can assure the "client of the
client" that this would allow him to make sure that quality product
is delivered.  If need be, a technical team member (you) can discuss
this with the IT staff person who locked down the computer.

Otherwise you might have to search online and find the common ways
some IT person might lock down a computer and test against all.

I'm assuming that at this point you don't know if this is some policy
setting or simply the removal of some file.

Dar