Constant command

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Oct 14 15:09:09 EDT 2010

I think script local variables have to be declared, but constants don't. Once you create the constant it is accessible in all scripts. With a script local variable, you have to declare it, and the same variable name in two different places, say the card script and the stack script, would be two different variables with potentially two different values.

A global variable would be one variable one value, but you have to make sure you declare it before you use it, and it it's scope is any running stack. A constant (or so it is my understanding) is created once, then available to all scripts in the stack (I think the scope is just the stack that created it, but it may be for the entire environment) and you wouldn't have to declare it in each script.

If I am in error here feel free to call me on it.

Bob