Flipping graphic with a Key

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 13 19:14:22 EDT 2010

On 10/13/10 5:34 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> However, have you tried Jim Lambert's suggestion of using the keyUp
> event? AFAIK, LiveCode processes auto-repeating keys (at least on Mac)
> as repeated keyDown events; but it only sends a keyUp event when the key
> is released.

If you're right I'll be embarrassed. ;) Used to be on Macs you got
repeated keyups no matter what you did -- I remember having a terrible
time with it, which is why I didn't even go there for this question. But
I just did a quick test and it looks like it works as you'd expect now,
which means your suggestion would be the right one.

Not sure how Windows works now. It used to provide discrete keydown and
keyup messages as expected.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com