Workaround For No selectionChanged Message?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Oct 13 17:53:36 EDT 2010

> Um, yes, I'm pretty sure that "palette stack xyz" sets the stack's style to
> palette...  :-)

I thought you might know that ;-)

> But you got me thinking, I am trying to maintain the user's selection after
> the text has been styled, and it seems that even the LiveCode IDE doesn't do
> this (selection is lost after style is changed).  So maybe the previously
> selected text needs to be reselected after being styled.

That makes sense. Probably the whole field is refreshed when you set a property of the selected chunk.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding
M E R Goulding Software Development

InstallGadget - How to create an installer in 10 seconds
revObjective  - Making behavior scripts behave