List Words from Textarea

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:25:40 EDT 2010

  On 10/13/2010 10:06 PM, Razvan Pantescu wrote:
> I've started to study Livecode, don't know too much of it. I'm living about 250km north of Danube (Focsani, Romania)
>
> So any suggestions so I can read or list all the words from a Textarea?

I set up a stack with 2 fields:

1. field "targetTEXT" containing the text I wanted to analyse,

2. field "wordList" (a listField).

then I made a button with the following script:

on mouseUp
    put the number of words in fld "targetText" into TXNUM
    repeat with AA = 1 to TXNUM
       put word AA of fld "targetTEXT" into line AA of fld "wordList"
       end repeat
end mouseUp

clicked on the button and "away we go".

Richmond.