Property profiles apparently broken in LiveCode 4.5

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Oct 13 13:30:10 EDT 2010

 I've never really understood how profiles are supposed work -

On a this list a few months ago property profiles were discussed, and I got
the feeling there were very few people that actually used these special
properties.

What would they be used for, Language changes? Skinning?

what is the scope of what is supposed to get changed and can that same scope
be reset to the starting settings?  Or could one end up with a mess of
unwanted default property settings?  Just as important, what *doesn't* get
changed?

This would be similar to the trepidation I have using the Geometry
Manager... one slip of the code and it's *curtains* for one's layout.
Or this could be the coolest thing for creating custom objects by script
ever.

the inquiring coder wants to know...

sqb