Clipboard in version 4.0

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:53:09 EDT 2010

Thanks J,

Unfortunately, I have tried using different elements of the clipboard array
already. When I copy the webpage in question (GPHIN, a restricted-access
site), it returns empty on all elements of the clipboardarray in 4.0, but
works fine in 2.6.1.

Also, for the second problem I listed, the clipboard["text"] element returns
html text in 4.0, but works propertly 2.6.1 - this occurs when copying
certain eurekalert pages.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 10/13/10 9:57 AM, Jonathan Lynch wrote:
>
> I recently experimented with upgrading to 4.0, but was not succesful. It
>> turns out that version 2.6.1 can access items from the clipboard that 4.0
>> cannot access. Two things happen - for copying from some webpages, the
>> clipboard appears empty in 4.0 but has content (HTML information) in
>> 2.6.1.
>> The second problem is that for copying from some webpages, the text
>> portion
>> of the clipboard is populated with html information in 4.0, but is
>> populated
>> properly with straight text in 2.6.1.
>>

> The clipboard function was changed some time ago to specifically return
> different aspects of its content. It's now an array. You can retrieve the
> content in any specified format that the content may contain. There is more
> in the dictionary, but for text:
>
>  the clipboardData["html"] -- gives the html content
>  the clipboardData["text"] -- gives plain text content
>
> There are other options too. If you use the function without specifying an
> array element, plain text is returned as the default if it exists.
>
> --

Do all things with love