SHIFTy thoughts

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Mon Oct 11 07:27:49 EDT 2010

  On 10/11/2010 6:16 AM, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:
> Richmond wroe:
>> I would love to be able to trap when a modifier key is down like this:
>>
>> on shiftKeyDown
>>      do blah, blah, blah
>> end shiftKeyDown
>>
>> but it seems that that is not possible in LievCode, unless, of course,
>> I'm missing something . . .
>>
>> Richmond.
> I can only determine its state within an if-then statement.  Perhaps try a
> rawKey handler.
>
> on mouseUp
>     if the shiftKey is down then
>        answer "DOWN, the shiftKey is."
>     else
>        answer "UP, the shiftKey is."
>     end if
> end mouseUp
>
> ~Roger
I think what Richmond was after was a message that get's sent when he
presses the shift key, not detecting when it's down.  The only way that
comes to mind would be a front script that captured the keydown/keyup or
rawkeys messages, check for the shift key state then fired a message to
a handler of your choosing.

You'd have to pass on the original event in either case and make sure
you didn't set up some sort of infinite loop though.

len