selectedChunk always empty?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Oct 10 14:42:34 EDT 2010

perhaps you are defeating your selection by clicking a button or using the
message box

this works from the multi-line message box:

*select text of fld "Field" of card id 1002 of stack "Untitled 1"*

*put the selectedchunk*

if you put this into the script of a button

*on mousedown*

*      put the selectedChunk*

*end mousedown*

then the selection one makes by hand will remain and the selectedchunk will
be placed in the message box output:

char 1 to 22 of field 1

if the "selection" is a blinking cursor then the cursor position will be put
into the message box output:

char 23 to 22 of field 1

if neither the selection made by hand or a blinking cursor is happening,
then empty is returned: