shell command to identify wireless printer

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:21:29 EDT 2010

lpq should do what you want.  Will show all print queues and their status
for example, my wireless printer returns

_3500_4500_Series_<MAC:002000148b45> is ready
no entries

no entries of course meaning that there are no queued documents. I didn't
try shutting my printer down to see if the status would change though, so
your mileage may vary.