Performance issues, perhaps Windows 7 related

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 4 15:25:00 EDT 2010

On 10/4/10 12:18 PM, David Beck wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have had two clients report serious performance problems with a
> LiveCode standalone application on Windows 7, 32-bit machines. Dialogs
> and windows take several minutes to open, when usually they take only
> seconds. The same standalone (with the same data) works fine on other
> machines. I have never encountered this issue before, and since these
> two cases where both on Windows 7 I wonder if the problem is related to
> Windows 7.
>
> Has anybody else experiences this issue or have any ideas about what
> could be the cause?

I don't know the cause, but I also have a client who reports that on
Win7 "nothing happens" when he clicks either of two buttons that call
"ask file" or "answer file" dialogs. Given what you said, I wonder if
"nothing happens" really means "nothing happens for a long time until I
get bored and quit."

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com