unlocked field messages?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 10:22:04 EDT 2010

I see in the message watcher that both a "mouseDown" and a
"mouseDoubleDown" message are sent to an unlocked field when one clicks in them. Yet I
cannot trap these messages. Anyone know why?

There is activity there, of course. For example, a double click selects the
clicked word, and a triple click selects the entire line. These messages
would be useful, I think, if one could only trap them.

I was surprised, coming from HC, where such messages are simply not sent at
all, that the possibility existed.

Thanks,

Craig Newman