Launch app from MacOSX system bar

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Oct 2 10:10:00 EDT 2010

Hi Josep,

You need to create an statusIcon (according o the release notes). For example:

on preOpenStack
  set statusIcon to 23001
  set the statusIconMenu to "Open Programme|openStandalone"
end preOpenStack

and you need a script that handles the menu selection:

on iconMenuPick theItem
  switch theItem
    case "openStandalone"
      launch "path/to/your/standalone"
      break
    case "somethingElse"
      -- do something else here
      break
    case "quit"
      quit
      break
   end switch
end iconMenuPick

Keep these scripts in a separate standalone, which runs all the time. Whenever the menu item Open Standalone is selected, the iconMenuPick handler runs and opens your main standalone.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com